STRATCO was formed in 2012
as a response to the glaring need in the market for a specialist who can provide white-glove service in the landlord-tenant relationship. Our clients are owners who don’t have the time, resources, experience, and knowledge on how to navigate the dynamics of a building community and the rent regulatory laws.
STRATCO functions as an intermediary
between property owners and tenants in re-creating a community established on harmony, respect, transparency, and trust. STRATCO works hand-in-hand with property owners, management, contractors, and legal counsel to ensure that the client is abiding by all applicable laws, codes, and regulations. STRATCO is committed to ensuring all residents in their clients’ buildings are being provided the needed services and human connection while bridging the gap of opposing goals of landlord and tenant relationship. STRATCO is not an attorney and does not provide legal advice, it provides design and human relations in oftentimes a neglected aspect in the landlord/tenant relationship. STRATCO is not a private investigation firm.
STRATCO abides by all regulations
associated with NYC and NYS laws and codes. STRATCO is committed to honoring the dignity and lives of New York’s residents. STRATCO is committed to having its clients operate with the highest operational standards and ethics. STRATCO is committed to having the building ownership, management, and tenancy establish a high level of trust, mutual respect, and cohesiveness by project completion.
STRATCO’s Rent Regulatory Advisory's list of services:
- Lease File Audit
- Building Tenancy Analysis
- Tenant Relations Strategy And Execution
- Litigation Management
- Tenant Buyout Services
- HCR Due Diligence & Risk Assessment Reports
- HCR Annual Rent Registration
- TPU Audit Protection
- IAI Documentation & Compliance Assurance
- Annual Rent Registration Filing
- CONH Application Filing & Data Gathering
- Comprehensive Analysis And Preparation For All L&T Related Items
Establishing Positive Building Culture
Our team of professionals consists of experienced and passionate researchers, analysts, and consultants, each of whom has vast knowledge and expertise of NYC real estate market and housing laws.
We take pride in our deep pool of culturally diverse team members who all hail from different educational backgrounds, nationalities, and ethnicities.
Collectively, our staff is fluent in six different languages: English, Spanish, Farsi, Hebrew, Cantonese, Mandarin.
Tenant Engagement – Case Study
- The client purchases a 420-unit building containing a mix of RS & FM tenants.
- This building is more than 3x larger than any other building in the client’s portfolio.
- 80% of the tenant base does not speak English.
- Many of the tenants are elderly and concerned about the impact of the upcoming renovations.
Tenant Engagement – Case Study
- The client purchases a 290-unit historic building in midtown.
- 1/3 of the building is RS while the remaining tenants are all FM.
- The landlord is having a difficult time relating to and communicating with the two opposite cultures which comprise the tenant base.
- STRATCO consultants coordinate town hall-style meetings with tenants to gain an understanding of their needs.
Cultural Reach & Understanding
As shown in the table below, residents living in rent stabilized units are more likely to have a language, educational attainments, and demographic differences that most owners do not know to address. Thus leading to unnecessary conflict, and disputes that can be prevented. Understanding the demographics and unique challenges in your building may be utilized to create a meaningful plan, thus leading to a collaborative win/win solution.
|Tenants in Renter-Occupied Units|
|Rent Stabilized||Private, Non-Regulated|
|Estimate||Margin of Error||Estimate||Margin of Error|
|Race / Ethnicity|
|Less than High School||21%||+1.1%||16%||+1.2%|
|High School Diploma||27%||+1.4%||22%||+1.0%|
|College Degree or Above||33%||+1.4%||43%||+1.5%|
Source: An analysis based on the 2017 New York City Housing and Vacancy Survey (NYCHVS). Sociodemographics of Rent Stabilized Tenants