STRATCO is an approved NYSERDA Multifamily Building Solutions Network (MFBSN) Provider. STRATCO can guide existing affordable housing building owners and managers through the NYSERDA Multifamily Performance (MPP) program. This program provides incentives to building owners for meeting energy efficiency goals.
STRATCO will work with you to develop a list of recommended upgrades that is customized to your properties and targets a minimum of 20% energy savings. The program features a tiered-incentive structure, starting at $700/unit and increases up to $3,500/unit if you decide to target a higher level of projected energy savings. Consider MPP early in the process of making improvements to your building to make the most of incorporating energy savings into your project.
Benefits to program participation include:
- Increased long-term asset value and net operating income
- Lower total cost of capital improvements; shorter ROI and opportunity for underwriting during refinancing
- Data-driven insight into your properties’ operational performance and tools to unlock operational efficiencies
MPP may be good for your property if you are:
- Planning capital improvements, like heating system upgrades
- Undergoing a renovation or retrofit
- Refinancing your property
- Seeking a low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) or repair grant
- Participating in an energy audit through Local Law 87
- Participating in a utility program, weatherization assistance program (WAP), or other NYSERDA program—improvements through these programs count toward your 15% energy savings target