We are excited to bring you updates and information on the services we offer to ensure compliance with New York State housing regulations. Our team is dedicated to providing comprehensive due-diligence services to landlords, property managers, attorneys, and developers.
We want to highlight some of the key services we offer:
- Pre-acquisition Due-Diligence: If your firm is representing the buyer or seller of a NYC existing multifamily building, STRATCO rent-regulatory experts can deliver a 4-day guaranteed pre-purchase diligence report. This will outline complex rent regulatory guidelines with the legal rent increases, and related data/analysis to make informed business decisions.
- Annual Rent Registrations: We assist landlords and property managers in registering their rental units with DHCR, ensuring compliance with rent stabilization laws and regulations. For NYS rent-regulated buildings, HCR's Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR) 2023 Annual Rent Registrations period begins on April 1 and ends on July 31, 2023. The annual registrations must reflect the status of the buildings and apartments on April 1, 2023. DHCR has strengthened its filing requirements to meet the provision of the Housing Stability and Tenant Protection Act of 2019.
- Rent Overcharge Complaints: We provide guidance and forensic accounting representation for landlords and attorneys in rent overcharge complaints, helping to resolve disputes and ensure compliance with the law.
- MCI (Major Capital Improvement) and Individual Apartment Improvements Calculations: We assist landlords in obtaining DHCR approval for MCIs and IAIs, helping to ensure that rent increases are lawful and just.
Rent Regulatory Services:
- Lease file audits
- NYS DHCR “Due Diligence” report
- Retrieve/FOIL certified historical registration records from DHCR
- Analysis of registration records for completeness
- Analysis of cases/dockets to determine potential liability
- Review of historical rent increases
- Historical tenancy analysis
- DHCR annual registrations filing on your behalf
- IAI documentation & compliance assurance
- MCI calculations and applications
- Preparation of building-wide & tenancy comprehensive analysis
- Preparation and litigation management for all L&T related cases such as rent overcharges and rent reductions
We are committed to providing the highest level of service and expertise to help our clients navigate the complex regulations and laws governing housing in New York State. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to Contact Us
to get actionable solutions, and/or a quote for any of the above-mentioned services.
Thank you for choosing us for your DHCR Due Diligence Services!